Pages

Thursday 8 September 2016

Reading difficult numbers

How I learnt to read difficult numbers!


I have been doing this  maths goal that is called reading whole numbers up to 1,000,000. Every day I wrote a number in my maths book and I practiced reading that number. I used the flipchart as well, with my goal. Here is an example:
I taught two people.

IMG_5229.JPG
The flipchart was a thinking tool that helped me read big numbers because it had names about what each place is. You need to know that there are some names that you don't have to say when you say the whole number.
Have you been using a thinking tool in your learning?

1 comment:

  1. What you forgot to include was that you were teaching those two people different things at the same time. It takes a special kind of person to be able to do that at your age. Well done Aniket!

    ReplyDelete